Terms of Service
These Terms & Conditions (Terms of Service /Terms) are legally enforceable and constitute an agreement between Isha Foundation (We/ Us) and end user (You/ Your) and are in the form of an electronic record as defined by various Indian statutes governing electronic records, as revised from time to time. This is an electronic record that does not require a physical or digital signature to be created.
These terms apply to your stay at Isha Yoga Center as a user (You/Your) of this Website. If you use our Website: https://cottage.isha.in/ (Site) to book a cottage, it is assumed that you have read, comprehended, and accepted to be bound by these Terms. If You do not agree to all of these Terms, You are strictly forbidden from accessing the Site and must immediately stop using it.
You hereby represent and warrant that you are of legal age to engage in these Terms, as defined by the India Contracts Act, 1872. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change the Terms & Conditions at any moment without any notice.
Purpose of Accommodation at Isha Yoga Center
- Isha Yoga Center, is a space designed to impart tools for wellbeing to all. It is done through offering various Yoga programs, Yoga-based health and rejuvenation programs, Yoga teacher training programs, etc. Cottages are used for the stay of volunteers, participants, meditators and visitors who have come to take part in the activities happening inside Isha Yoga Center only.
- The cottages at Isha Yoga Center are NOT to be used as in a hotel, guest house, resort or for casual stay or vacation purposes. They are made available ONLY for the purposes mentioned above.
- If it is found that any guest is using the space for a purpose different than the above, their booking will be canceled and they will be requested to leave.
- Cottages can be rented for a maximum of 10 days in a 60-day period.
- To reserve a cottage, you must be at least 18 years old. Those below 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- The standard check-in timings are 8 AM, 1 PM and 6 PM, and checkout timings are 6 AM, 11 AM and 4 PM respectively. You are requested to checkout at the checkout time mentioned by you while booking, without any delay, so that the cottage can be made available for the next guest.
- For the safety of the guests, traveling / check-in at odd hours (between 9 PM and 6 AM) is strictly prohibited.
- Cottages at Isha Yoga Center are primarily to support various events and programs. Other users can reserve them subject to them not being used for events/ programs. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation at our discretion in case the cottages are needed for an event / program in exceptional circumstances. You will be notified of the same via the contact information You provide.
- Reservations once made cannot be modified. You will need to cancel and make a new reservation for a change of dates.
- If You are trying to book cottages as a participant in a program, please double-check the dates of accommodation offered as part of the program. Please book additional accommodation only if it is not already provided as part of program participation.
- As part of the registration process, all guests must upload a valid government-issued ID card (with a photo) such as Aadhaar / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport. Guests must present the same ID at the time of check-in. We request that you carry the original IDs with you.
- As per the extant government guidelines, all overseas visitors (non-Indian passport holders, OCI cardholders & NRIs), including children and infants, are required to present their valid passport in original and Indian visa/ OCI card on arrival to check in to accommodation at Isha Yoga Center. Please note that exceptions will not be possible.
- All rates provided are inclusive of GST.
- The reservation is subject to last-minute adjustments; you will be notified of any changes via the contact information you provide.
- Isha Foundation reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, without specifying any reason.
- The Isha Foundation reserves the right to reject service or ask You to leave in case:
- You refuse or fail to pay the full amount towards the cottage rent before check-in.
- You act in a chaotic manner that disturbs the tranquility of the space.
- You cause damage to Isha Foundation's property by destroying, damaging, defacing, or threatening to do so.
- We consider any of your activities to be unacceptable.
- You engage in any criminal activity.
- You are an unaccompanied minor (less than 18 years of age).
- Pets are strictly prohibited.
- We will not be held liable for any unforeseeable damage, loss, or accidents that occur during your stay.
- In case two persons of opposite genders are sharing a cottage, they should either be married couples or immediate family members.
- Couples would need to provide the necessary documents to prove they are married.
- There are no separate driver's quarters available. If your driver(s) will be able to strictly follow ALL the guidelines of the Isha Yoga Center, you can book a separate cottage in advance. Otherwise, we recommend that they stay in hotels outside.
- Maids / attendants to look after the elderly / children may be allowed to share cottages on a case-by-case basis.
- Liquor, tobacco, cigarettes, narcotics and non-vegetarian food are strictly prohibited in and around the Isha Yoga Center. Anyone found in possession or under the influence of any of these substances will be reported to the authorities and requested to leave the Isha Yoga Center immediately.
- Guests are requested to plan in such a way that they do not have to leave the Isha Yoga Center premises during their stay. Leaving the premises during your stay will amount to checking out and re-entry will not be possible.
- There will be no further guests added after check-in.
- Cooking inside the cottage is strictly prohibited.
- Except for cottage cleaning, no other cottage service is available.
- Please pack adequate clothing because there will be no laundry or drying facilities.
- Please keep the cottage in good condition and keep it clean and sanitary.
- You will be held accountable for any damage caused by You to the assets of Isha Yoga Center.
- In the event of any emergency or unforeseen health-related complications, you agree to abide by the recommendations made in your best interests by the medical team of Isha Yoga Center, including having to leave the premises immediately for further evaluation and treatment. Any medical expenses incurred in this regard will be fully borne by you.
- If you are not in a position to communicate or decide about your treatment options, you agree with whatever course of action the medical team at Isha Yoga Center decides upon even before your family is informed or arrives.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless with respect to your health, ailments or recovery during your stay at Isha Yoga Center. Isha shall not be liable and does not hold any responsibility for the same.
- You understand that the Isha Yoga Center has only a small facility for immediate health care and does not have any other medical facilities apart from that.
- You may experience language and cultural barriers during your stay. We humbly request that you be patient and kind to the volunteers who will assist you during this time.
- Please do not pluck flowers.
- Photography inside Isha Yoga Center is prohibited, with the exception of the 112-ft Adiyogi.
- Walking through the forest is not permitted.
- Please refrain from public display of affection, including holding hands, hugging, etc.
- Both men and women should wear clothing that covers shoulders, upper arms, midriff, and legs down to their ankles. Please avoid tight or transparent clothing.
- Two wholesome vegetarian meals are offered to guests at Isha Yoga Center in batches. Brunch is offered at Bhiksha Hall at 10:00 AM and 10:45 AM and dinner at 7:00 PM and 7:45 PM. Doors close 2 minutes before meal time.
- Bedtime is 9:30 PM. Please avoid the usage of cell phones and talking loudly, especially after 9:30 PM, to avoid disturbing others.
- An important part of being at the Isha Yoga Center is to become attentive to what is happening within and around you. Mobile phones can become a hindrance in this effort. Hence, guests are requested not to use mobile phones while walking inside the premises. This includes voice calls, messaging, browsing, etc. Kindly move to the side of the walking pathway and stand/sit in one place before using your phone.
- Please ensure that children stay quiet after 9:30 PM to avoid disturbing other guests. Children should be supervised at all times.
- While Isha Yoga Center is a safe space, visitors are advised to ensure the safety of their own valuables and belongings. Isha Yoga Center will not be held liable for any lost items.
- We accept the following modes of payment, i.e., cash, debit/credit cards, UPI.
- In the event that any of the above-mentioned points in this Agreement are not fulfilled, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and the refund will be done as per the Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- Payment for the entire duration of your stay needs to be made in advance at the time of booking.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Guests must cancel their bookings in the guest portal by logging into their profiles before the check-in time of the booking.
- Date & time of the cancellation request in the guest portal will be considered for determining the cancellation charges.
- Canceling the booking by any other mode of communication will not be considered valid.
- In case of any issues on the portal, guests can send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with the error screenshot. If there is a technical issue in the portal which did not allow the guest to cancel their booking (for which screen shot proof is needed), the sent date & time of above email will be considered for determining the cancellation charges.
- It will take 4 to 5 weeks to process the refund.
- There will not be any refund if the occupancy is reduced or rate type is downgraded after check in.
- No-show: the whole duration of the booking will be canceled at 9 pm of the date of check-in and there will not be any refunds
- Modification of booking dates: Once a booking is confirmed, modification of booking dates is not allowed. In case of changes, guests are required to cancel the existing booking and create a new one. Please note that the cancellation charges will apply as per our policy, and rebooking is subject to the availability of cottages.
- If you wish to downgrade the cottage type, please cancel the original booking and rebook. Please note cancellation charges are applicable based on the policy and rebooking is subject to availability of the cottages.
- If you need any clarifications about the above points related to cancellation policy, please email to email@example.com, prior to booking.
- If the refunds are not processed within the specified time line or for other refund related issues of your booking, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Terms are subject to change, and in all instances, the applicable policy will be based on the latest Terms in effect at the time of cancellation.
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Cottage Bookings
Cancellation Request Received Date
Before 30 days (before 720 hours) from the check-in time
10% of 1 day cottage rent
Before 7 days and within 30 days (before 168 hours and within 720 hours) from the check-in time
25% of 1 day cottage rent
Before 3 days and within 7 days (before 72 hours and within 168 hours) from the check-in time
50% of 1 day cottage rent
Before 1 day and within 3 days (before 24 hours and within 72 hours) from the check-in time
75% of 1 day cottage rent
Within 24 hours before the check-in time
100% of 1 day cottage rent
Please note that refunds will not be issued for no-shows under any circumstances.
Please note that the above deduction is for each cottage of the booking.
- If cottages are unavailable due to natural disasters (earthquakes, floods, landslides, etc.), terrorist activity, pandemic, epidemic, government guidelines, quarantine restrictions or any other force majeure act beyond Isha Foundation's control, Isha Foundation will not be held liable to refund the cottage rent or any part thereof unless specifically informed.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You will preserve the accuracy of any information you provide and quickly update such information as necessary.
- You will not use a bot, script, or other automated or non-human means to access the Site.
- Your use of the Site will not violate any relevant law or regulation.
- Any violation of these Terms & Conditions will result in your account being suspended or terminated.
- The Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time. Any changes to the Terms & Conditions will be made available on the Site. You are also bound by the amended Terms & Conditions. It is your duty to check these Terms & Conditions for modifications on a regular basis.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, the Site is our property, and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the Content), as well as the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (collectively, the Marks), are owned by Isha Foundation and are protected by copyright and trademark laws, as well as various other intellectual property rights.
The Site's Content and Marks are provided as-is for your convenience only. No part of the Site, including the Content and Marks, may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, downloaded, edited, broadcasted, transferred, used, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial or non-commercial purpose.
Prohibited activities while using the Site
- You may not access or use the Site for any other purpose than the one for which we provide it. The Site may only be used in connection with commercial ventures that we have officially endorsed or approved.
- You agree as a user of the Site not to:
- Without our written authorization, systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site in order to establish or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory.
- Make any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site, such as gathering usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other methods to send unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Advertise or offer to sell products and services on the Site.
- Avoid, disable, or otherwise interfere with the Site's security mechanisms, such as those that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or impose restrictions on the use of the Site and/or the Content included therein.
- Unauthorized framing or linking to the Site is prohibited.
- Trick, deceive, or mislead us or other users, especially if you are trying to learn critical account information like passwords.
- Make unauthorized use of our support services or file fake abuse or misbehavior reports.
- Engage in any automated system use, such as sending comments or messages using scripts, or utilizing data mining, robots, or other data collection and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or place an undue burden on the Site, its networks, or services.
- Attempting to impersonate another user or person, or using another user's account.
- Sell or transfer your profile to someone else in any way.
- Harass, abuse, or injure another person using any information obtained from the Site.
- Use the Site in any attempt to compete with us, or for any other revenue-generating initiative or commercial operation.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software that makes up or forms part of the Site in any way.
- Attempt to go beyond any Site security measures that are in place to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any part of it.
- Harass, irritate, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees, agents, or volunteers who are providing you with access to any part of the Site.
- Remove any content that contains a copyright or other proprietary rights notice.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party's uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, or alters the Site's use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) any material that operates as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, such as gifs, 11 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes known as spyware or passive collecting mechanisms or PCM).
- Use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software, except as may be the result of standard search engine or internet browser usage.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise hurt us and/or the Site, in our opinion.
- Use the Site in a way that violates any laws or regulations that may apply.
- Guidelines for Submissions
- On the Site, we may provide sections for you to post reviews or ratings, as well as questions,
recommendations, ideas, feedback, or other information about the Site (Submissions). When
review, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your Submissions must not contain offensive profanity, abusive, racist, offensive, hateful language, or illegal activity; discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
- You may not make any false, misleading, or deceptive assertions.
- We reserve the right to accept, reject, or remove Submissions at our sole discretion. We are under no responsibility to screen or delete Submissions, even if someone finds the reviews unpleasant or false. We do not endorse submissions, and they do not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
- We accept no responsibility for any review, including any claims, liabilities, or losses that may arise as a result of the review. You offer us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/ or distribute all content pertaining to reviews by posting a review.
- You hereby relinquish all moral rights to any such Submissions and warrant that any such Submissions are your original work or that you have the authority to submit them. You acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us if your Submissions are allegedly or actually infringed upon or misappropriated.
- On the Site, we may provide sections for you to post reviews or ratings, as well as questions, comments, recommendations, ideas, feedback, or other information about the Site (Submissions). When writing a review, you must meet the following requirements:
- Site Management
- We reserve the right but not the duty, at our sole discretion, to:
- keep an eye on the Site for any violations of these Terms of Service;
- take necessary legal action against anyone who breaks the law or these Terms & Conditions, including, but not limited to, reporting the offending user to law enforcement authorities;
- deny, limit access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically practicable) any or all of your Contributions;
- notice or liability to remove or disable all files and content from the Site that are excessively large or in any manner burdensome to our systems;
- otherwise manage the Site in a way that protects our rights and property while still allowing it to function properly.
- We reserve the right but not the duty, at our sole discretion, to:
Modifications and Interruptions
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site or to cease it at any time and for any reason. We are not obligated to update any information on our Site, however.
- In case of any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, we will not be liable to you or any third party.
- We cannot promise that the Site will always be available. We may encounter hardware, software, or other issues, or we may need to perform Site maintenance, which may result in interruptions, delays, or errors. Without prior notice to you, we reserve the right to change, amend, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time and for any reason.
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any loss, damage, or annoyance incurred as a result of your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuation of the Site. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions obligates us to maintain and support the Site, or to provide any updates, corrections, or releases in connection with it.
- These Terms & Conditions and your use of the Site are governed by and construed by the laws of India.
- The courts in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India, will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
- If there is a discrepancy between these terms and rules and/or specific Terms & Conditions relating to specific material on this website, the latter will take precedence.
- The Site is provided as is and as available. You acknowledge and agree that
of the Site's services is at your own risk. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied,
connection with the site and your use of it, including, without limitation, fitness for a
purpose and non-infringement, to the maximum extent permitted by law. We offer no warranties or
about the correctness or completeness of the site's content, or the content of any websites
connected to it, and we will not be liable or responsible for any errors or omissions. We will
be liable or responsible for:
- any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the content and materials,
- any personal injury or property damage of any kind resulting from your access to and use of the site,
- any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site,
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the site.
- We will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services advertised or offered through the site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising.
- The Site is provided as is and as available. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Site's services is at your own risk. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use of it, including, without limitation, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, to the maximum extent permitted by law. We offer no warranties or claims about the correctness or completeness of the site's content, or the content of any websites connected to it, and we will not be liable or responsible for any errors or omissions. We will also not be liable or responsible for:
Limitation of Liability
- Even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, we, our directors, employees, or agents will not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the site. Regardless of anything provided herein to the contrary, our responsibility to you for any reason and regardless of the type of action.
You agree to hold Isha Foundation, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, volunteers, agents, partners, and employees harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims, or expenses (including attorneys' fees) made against Isha Foundation by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your (i) use of the Site, and (ii) breach of these Terms & Conditions.
The whole agreement and understanding between You and Us is contained in these Terms & Conditions, as well as any policies or operating regulations issued by Us on the Site or in relation to the Site. Failure on our part to execute or enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
These Terms & Conditions apply to the fullest extent allowed by law. Any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act caused by a cause beyond our reasonable control is not our responsibility or liability.
If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from the rest of the Terms & Conditions and has no bearing on the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms. As a result of these Terms & Conditions or your use of the Site, no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us.
By drafting these Terms & Conditions, you agree that they will not be construed against us.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have a complaint about the Site or would need more information about how to utilize it.